Saturday, December 27, 2008

Films of the Year - preview

Yes, folks, it's almost time for maths teacher to reveal his films of the year - a moment you have surely all been waiting for.

The graph shows that movie-going has remained reasonably steady for me this year, though I'm still way down on the heady heights of 2004 (over 70 movies - how did I find the time?). Let me stress that I am only counting actual, bona fide cinema visits in this total - films caught later on DVD manifestly do not count on this blog. Not that I see many films that way, come to think of it.

Still, at the moment I have just under 40 movies to pick from, which isn't bad going. I don't feel I can really offer a top ten, though, as that would have to include 25% of the films I've seen, and I'm not sure they all deserve such special mention. Instead, I'll be offering a top five, which seems more reasonable.

Watch, as they say, this space. Meanwhile, regular readers are invited to come up with a function describing the number of films seen each year - clearly it's not a linear graph...

No comments:

Post a Comment