Monday, January 12, 2009

Pull yourself together, woman!

Blimey, but did you catch Kate Winslet's performance at The Golden Globes last night? Yikes! An acceptance speech to rival Gwyneth Paltrow's Oscar blubfest from, ooh, ages ago. Catch it all - and wince - at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efz6FtmvhJ8

Oh, and can someone tell me how Sally Hawkins wins a Best Supporting Actress gong for "Happy-Go-Lucky", when there's hardly a scene in the movie without her? What's that all about??

Questions, questions...

2 comments:

  1. Far be it from me to boast, of course, but checking out how my top five films fared in the awards shows I am indeed a man of taste and discernment (or that the American's aren't - depends on your viewpoint, I suppose):
    Gong for Waltz With Bashir - best animation
    Gong for Heath L in The Dark Knight
    Gong for Colin F in In Bruges

    'Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - my bad: WWB won Best Foreign Film, not Animated.

    ReplyDelete